I recently came across this great chart, a canine family tree, from Daily Mail showing the diversity of 181 dog breeds revealing how all these breeds are so interconnected. You can see the cattle dog towards the middle bottom of the chart. It shows the cattle dog’s connection to Collies, other herding and working dogs. [...]
I have noticed recently on the web more and more animal stories surfacing which testify to their amazing intelligence and empathy. When a dolphin fearlessly swims up to a diver to seek help untangling a fishing line wrapped around its dorsal fin; when elephants travel for miles to surround the home of their caretaker in [...]
There is a legend which tells the story of God giving names to all his creations while strolling among them. God is said to have been followed all this time by a creature for whom he saved the best name for last, dog, being His own name spelled backwards. I do not think God would [...]
There are so many dog food brands on the market today, it makes your head spin. There is organic, grain-free, all natural, high protein, low carbohydrate, raw and more. I did a lot of research on dog food when Tapa was sick, and wish I had known this information sooner than later. I have listed [...]
It is vital to be aware of this infectious disease called Leptospirosis. It is the dreaded disease that killed my sweet Tapa. I share this information so you will know how to protect your Heeler. Lepto is on the rise, and I suspect in time could easily catch up with Lyme. I hope not for [...]
Preventive medicine for humans is now becoming mainstream in our society. We are learning the steps to take to keep our immune systems strong which helps protect us against disease. These steps include eating a healthy, balanced diet, drinking good water, ingesting specific herbs, foods and supplements , adequate exercise and decreasing stress. I believe [...]
I am of the sincere belief that Blue Heeler dogs do not tolerate vet meds and drugs as well as most other dog breeds. For this reason, I highly recommend as a Heeler dog owner you consider the alternative path of homeopathy for Heelers. What Is Homeopathy? Even though many people today are not aware [...]
When it comes to feeding your Heeler, it can be confusing with all the many brands of dog foods flooding the market as well as the many perspectives on which dog diet is best. It makes good sense to understand the ancestral diet of dogs, and then to follow those guidelines. Once you understand the [...]
- A Canine Family Tree March 27, 2014
- The Sweet Benefits Of Learning To Communicate With Your Dog February 5, 2014
- God And Dog July 11, 2013
- Best Dog Foods On The Market May 5, 2013
- Canine Leptospirosis April 22, 2013
- Preventive Care For Dogs March 28, 2013
- Blue Heelers As Pets July 5, 2012
- Homeopathy For Heelers February 16, 2013
- Blue Heeler Memorial March 15, 2012
- Blue Heeler History October 23, 2011
- Levi December 20, 2012
- The Ideal Dog Diet January 21, 2013
- Lia Bello: Thank you , Annie for your sharing on Tapa and hom...
- Scott: I just had to put my best friend Shadow, 16 tear o...
- Lynn: I need to find a home for my heeler, he needs to b...
- christine tinsley: I have a blue-healer mixed with rotwieler and I wa...
- Kimberly McCormick: I have a blue heeler lab mix that I rescued a year...
- Frances Rothhammer: Broken Arrow has a blue heeler at their shelter an...